Thousands flock to border to flee to Iran

humanaterian.jpg

KABUL: Lodges for travelers in Herat province are overwhelmed with hundreds of Afghans who are seeking to cross the border into neighboring Iran illegally. 
Abdul Aziz is a resident of Faryab who came to Herat to find a human trafficker. “I must go. If there was no need, I would never have wanted to,” he said. 
There are many children among the passengers. Some of these people are going to Pakistan and from there to Iran. “Our business is better now than before because the people are coming from other provinces to go to Iran,” said Ferozuddin, an owner of an inn.
He added that only 30 percent of them had visas and the other 70 percent were using illegal ways.